Virtual Course: Motor Carrier Insurance Considerations
April 18, 2023 @ 10:00 am - April 21, 2023 @ 3:00 pm
April 18 – 21, 2023 | 10 am – 12 pm est & 1 pm – 3 pm EST
Course taught live, attend virtually.
NOT A MEMBER? JOIN NOW!
Part 1 of 4: Underwriting the Unique Insurance Exposures of a Motor Carrier
- Government requirements
- Driver selection
Part 2 of 4: Interstate Motor Carriers and the Government
- Requirements for financial responsibility
- State Form E
- COI to FMCSA
- Endorsement to policy
- Using public information to obtain coverage
Part 3 of 4: Motor Carrier Coverage Form (Auto Liability)
- Insuring Agreement
- Pay and Defend
- Pollution coverage
- Who is insured? You, Driver, Other?
- Independent contractors
- GL or AL (loading and unloading)
Part 4 of 4: Coverages Other than Auto Liability for Motor Carriers
- General Liability – Coverage and exclusions
- Cargo – Carmack, In transit, Property exclusions, Coverage exclusions
- Physical Damage – Property coverage, Covered auto, Limits, Towing
- Workers Compensation – State laws, 3A/3C, Employee or independent contractor
This is your chance to:
- Master the basics of providing motor carrier insurance
- Understand motor carrier regulations
- Discover the specific insurance needs of varying motor carriers
- Become a proficient motor carrier insurance provider by understanding what is necessary to develop a sound insurance program
- Opportunity to earn state CE credits
After completion of all 4 parts of the course and passing the required test, a participant will have met the first requirement toward their TRS Designation. Motor Carrier Insurance Considerations (all 4 parts) is also an available option for satisfying the TRS Designation biennial update requirement.