MOTOR CARRIER INSURANCE CONSIDERATIONS (MCIC)
Course taught live, attend virtually
Entry Level – basics of trucking insurance (16 HOURS – CE)
To better understand the government involvement in the motor carrier business, the course will include a discussion of registration, proof of financial responsibility and operating rules and regulations. To understand the insurance application process, there will be a review of a typical motor carrier’s insurance requirements including an explanation of the application questions and answers required.
This is your chance to:
- Master the basics of providing motor carrier insurance
- Understand motor carrier regulations
- Discover the specific insurance needs of varying motor carriers
- Become a proficient motor carrier insurance provider by understanding what is necessary to develop a sound insurance program
- Limited audience allows time for one on one discussion between attendees and presenters
- Get to know insurance professionals from across the country in multiple insurance fields
After completion of the course and passing the required test, a participant will have met the first requirement toward their TRS Designation. Motor Carrier Insurance Considerations is also an available option for satisfying the TRS Designation biennial update requirement.
EXPLORE YOUR MCIEF MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
MCIEF members, Transportation Risk Specialist (TRS) designees, and other insurance and risk management professionals interested in the transportation industry will have the opportunity to attend and participate in the Annual Conference in Orlando, FL and Western Conference in Phoenix, AZ. Both conferences are designed for individuals wishing to remain current and thereby well-equipped to confidently provide insurance and related services within the ever-changing environment that motor carriers operate.